Sunday 15 April 2018

Precious | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Popping in today to share my page I created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio's recent "scraplift" theme that was featured on the blog. For my post, I chose to scraplift a fabulous layout from former design team member Bea Valint. 
Here is my layout using the gorgeous 'More Than Words' collection...


And here is Bea's layout that inspired me...


Like Bea, I chose to document a photo of my daughter and I together - this was taken right before we went into the Foo Fighters concert (her first concert ever!) I also tried to stick fairly true to Bea's original design.


I started by adding some watercolour to my cardstock background using Faber-Castell gelatos. I used a soft yellow, plus added some splatters of peach and pink. I then sorted through the collection, picking out papers and embellishments I thought would work together to re-create my version of Bea's page.


Luckily for me, the inclusion of feathers in the 'More than Words' die cut ephemera pack meant I was able to replicate the small cluster in the top right corner of the page quite easily. In addition to die cuts, I also used a piece from the 'Treasure' cut apart paper.


For the main part of my layout, I used narrow strips cut from both the 'Sketchbook' and 'Gossamer' papers, then used a punch to add a decorative edge to each one. I then began layering up more die cut ephemera pieces to start building the layers behind and around my photo. I used foam tape under some of the pieces to add extra dimension.


Nestled in amongst the ephemera, I included a flair button; accessory stickers; and a small heart from the chipboard accent sticker sheet. I also used a few hearts from the enamel shapes pack.


For my page title, I used the precious word from the chipboard accent sticker sheet, which I layered with more die cut flowers.
Then I finished off my page using heart stamps from the clear stamp set and some grey ink.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope I have inspired you to try scraplifting a layout from someone else too - it's great fun and sure to get your mojo going if you have been stuck!
If you would like to see more of Bea's layout I used as inspiration, you can find her post HERE
Until next time, happy scrapping! X 

No comments: