Monday 12 March 2018

Live a Colourful Life | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone! 
Stopping by today to share my latest design team project created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio. This 12x12" mixed media layout uses the gorgeous 'Bohemian Dream' collection. I am still so in love with this collection with all it's stunning colours and beautiful florals! I pulled a photo of my babies from the archives to scrap this week. (I have never scrapped this one before because it was taken with a flash and isn't that great; but I couldn't resist documenting it as it was the first photo I took of my kids all together after my boys finally got out of hospital.)


I had lots of colours to work with in my photo; so I decided to start with the multicoloured spots of the Wild & Free patterned paper as my background. I applied some Colour Blast heavy white gesso to the centre section of my paper, which I simply spread with my finger. I then used some of my Colour Blast Colour Artist Inks and a small brush to add some layers of colour to my page, using a heat gun to dry them to create the "water line" look I was after.  


After I had the mediums in place, it was time to work on adding some papery goodness to the focal area of my page. I used a pieces cut from the Gypsy Heart; Kaleidoscope; and Abstract papers to mat my photo with, which helped add some definition and separate my photo from the background. I also used some scrap cardboard behind it to pop my photo up a little.


To go with the organic look of the ink on the background, I fussy cut a few beautiful floral pieces from the Abundant paper which I tucked into my layers around my photo. I also added a few stickers from the accessory sticker sheet - a label, the heart tab, and the little love this banner. Above my photo I added the sticker that became my title - live a colourful life.


To complete my page I added a stunning butterfly that I fussy cut from the Boho Bits paper (I think this is one of my favourite CVS butterflies EVER!) Then I added a few phrases from the accessory sticker sheet and some hearts from the enamel shapes pack.

That's all from me today, thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: