Saturday 2 December 2017

Rebel | Flutterby Designs


Hi everyone! Can you believe we are now into December?! Boy, has this year flown by!
Today I am kicking off my December design team shares with a cheeky layout I created for Flutterby Designs using the brand new 'We Run the World' collection. This range is a little sweet, a little sassy, and very pretty - just like all the girls it was inspired by, and created for. It really is gorgeous, and so fun to create with!

"Rebel"

Those who know me already know I like to push the boundaries; so it should be no surprise that I created a layout about "Vagina Shorts". (It is probably also highly likely that I am the first person to ever feature a #vaginashorts hashtag on a page! haha) But seriously, this page captures one of the essences of this collection - to do what makes you happy, and to hell with the rules!


I started my page by creating my background using the new 'Song for Another Time' stencil and some modelling paste. (You will see where the musical reference fits in later.) I then added some colour using Flutter Colour Paints - Cotton Candy Pink and Grape Soda. To apply, I sprayed some water on my page, then I watered the paint down and dabbed it on with a brush. (I sprayed a little more water in some places to allow the paint to run.) 


Once the paint had dried, I added a few splatters of Colour Blast 'Cranberry' Colour Artist Ink and some stamped phrases using a stamp from Viva Las VegaStamps. In between them, I popped a couple of the stickers from the Sticky Quotes sheet that supported my page theme.


I cut a piece of the gorgeous 'Frida' paper from the 12x12" paper pack as the base for my focal area. (The watercolour floral print on this paper is SO beautiful!) I also fussy cut a couple of the flowers to tuck along the edge of my photo mat. I then took some of the 'We Run the World' Everyday Etc filler cards and cut some pieces to add some extra layers behind; as well as one of the coordinating page tabs; then added some messy cotton thread before mounting my photos on top.


Then it was time to start adding all my embellishments. To the bottom left of my photos, I used the believe in your inner beyonce sticker from the Sticky Quotes sheet (I told you the musical reference would come); along with a small heart (that I added a touch of white paint to) from the coordinating Wood Veneer Bits. From the same set, I added the large rebel word as my title, along with another small heart nearby. Along the right side of my photos I added the this is who I am flair button; as well as the the rebel in me will never die quote that was cut from one of the Everyday Etc cards


Finally, I added my handwritten journaling (which explains everything on my page) and the word #vaginashorts above my title using some small clear alphas from my stash. A stamped date and a splatter of Colour Blast 'Stormy Weather' Colour Shimmer Spray and I was done. 

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. (I hope I have given you a bit of a giggle!) If you haven't shopped the new 'We Run the World' collection in the Flutterby store yet, you can find it in the What's New section HERE (But be quick, as some items have already sold out!)
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: