Friday 15 December 2017

Joy | Scrap the Boys December Challenge


Hi everyone!
We are quickly creeping closer to the end of the year, so it's time for me to share my December design team layout for Scrap the Boys with you. This month's challenge is an inspirational image that looks like this...


I really loved the image, so I decided to take my inspiration from it quite literally and create my own interpretation. Here is what I came up with...


I took the opportunity to document a couple of photos of the boys getting their presents from Santa at last year's kindy Christmas party. 

I started my page by laying down the colour for my tree. I used the new Colour Artist Inks from Colour Blast, which are divine! I simply applied a small amount of water to my page, then added the ink in drops and blended it out with a brush. 


Once the ink had dried, I then added some details using stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps. My favourite 'Squiggly Star Collage' went on top of the tree; then I used the 'Doodle Frame' stamp to add some branch-like structure. Finally, I used the 'Doodle Dots' and 'Scribble Circles' stamps to add some "decorations" to my tree. 
I also added some splatters of 'Soot' Colour Artist Ink to my page to grunge it up a bit more.


Next, I took the 'Flourish Christmas Tree' die from Uniquely Creative (you can check out the fabulous range of dies and find a list of stockists on the Uniquely Creative website) and cut a white cardstock tree to lay over the top. (I love the way the vibrant ink colours showed through the intricate cut out sections!) I also added some torn pieces of washi tape to help add further structure to my tree. 


To finish off, I added some bows and a flair button - all of which were leftovers in my stash from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Tis the Season' collection.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I know it'a a very busy time of year, but you have until the end of the month to get your entries in for this challenge and be in the running for a fabulous prize. You can link your entries up via the STB blog. Make sure you are also following the Facebook page and Instagram account for all the sponsor news and plenty of inspiration from the team and guests.
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: