Monday 18 December 2017

FA LA LA... forget it! | Flutterby Designs


Hi everyone!
Just popping in with my final design team share for Flutterby Designs for the year. And given we are creeping sooo close to Christmas; I figured I may as well get in the spirit by sharing a festive layout featuring the new 'Fair Dinkum Chrissy' collection. 
(There are still some kits available in store, you can check them out HERE)


I actually had a different layout planned for this share, but after capturing this hilarious shot of my kids with my niece and nephew the other day, I HAD to scrap it immediately!


To create this page I started by creating my watercolour background using my Flutter Colour Paints. I simply watered them down and then applied to the page with a brush. I used 'Bahama Blue' first, and then once that had dried, I applied some 'Tropicana Teal' over the top. I also added a few splatters of Colour Blast 'Mermaid' Colour Artist Ink, before setting it aside to dry.


Once dry, I took the new 'Song for Another Time' stencil, and used a sponge dauber to apply ink through it to various areas of my page. Then it was time to tackle the focal area of my page. 
I started with some of the 'Fair Dinkum Chrissy' Everyday Etc filler cards, which I cut and layered to form my photo mat. I also cut out a coordinating page tab, and added some messy cotton before mounting my photo on top. On either side of my photo I added the two blackboard speech bubble photo cut outs. (I love these, they are so fun to add to a page!)


Next, I took a couple of the cards from the 'Fair Dinkum Chrissy' Everyday Etc cards and fussy cut the Fa La La for my title from one of them, and the naughty list quote from another; then adhered them both to my page. I also used some of the Blackboard Sticky Alphas to complete my title. Just underneath the title I added the keeping shit real Black Tiny Sticky Quote.


Alongside my photo I added the super cute little santa flair button (from the 'Fair Dinkum Chrissy' set # 1); and then a couple of embellishments directly onto my photo - the organised chaos Blackboard Sticky Quote; and some small baubles that I fussy cut from the same card as the title.
To finish my page I stamped a few quotes using my Typo roller stamps, and also the date and I was done. I am happy with how this page came out, it makes me laugh!

Good luck for all your preparations (especially if you are braving the shops!) during this busy week.
Happy scrapping...and happy wrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

haha this photo is hilarious! love all the details and fabulous back ground color too.. and Merry Christmas to you too Sue, have a happy Christmas day filled with love and fun!