Thursday 5 October 2017

That's My Boy | Scrap the Boys October Challenge


Hi everyone! 
Popping in today to share my latest design team layout for Scrap the Boys. This month the challenge is a sketch (and who doesn't love a good sketch, right?!) This one was created by Laura Whitaker and looks like this...


I actually did a surprisingly good job sticking to the sketch this time, although I did flip it around a bit. Here's my take on it using the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'You Rock' collection and some photos of one of my boys helping me wash my car...

"That's My Boy"

I started with the gorgeous ombre side of the 'Experimental' paper as my base, which I dry brushed with a small amount of Colour Blast white heavy gesso. I then added some stamping using my Viva Las VegaStamps 'Doodle Dots' stamp. (This could possibly be my favourite stamp EVER, it certainly gets used more than any other.)


Next, I added the white circles using a fine tipped paint pen, and then it was time to start adding some papery layers. I used pieces of the 'This Way', 'Galactic'; and 'Stripped' papers under my photo; along with a paper doily and some stickers from the accessory sheet. For the tag sticker, I cut it in half and tucked the halves in above and below my photo, adding a small piece of twine to the top part.


In the top corner, I created a simple cluster using another piece of the 'Galactic' paper; a piece of paper doily; some fussy cut stars and a piece from the die cut ephemera pack. The large stars were all fussy cut from the 'Starshine' paper and I love the combination of colours I used - the few yellow ones adding a bit of extra pop to the page.


I kept the remainder of my page embellishments simple -  a rubber charm and ephemera arrow to the right of my photo;, and a few yellow enamel shapes scattered about. To finish off, I added some stamped phrases, the date, and some splatters of white ink.

I hope you will play along with us at Scrap the Boys this month. We have Scrap Boutique joining us as our sponsor and providing a prize for our lucky winner. You have until the 31st October to get your entry in. Head over to the Scrap the Boys blog HERE for more details or to see what else the DT created to inspire you.

Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: