Sunday 8 October 2017

Boys Rule | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Popping in today to share my latest boy layout using the awesome 'You Rock' collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. This page features a photo of my boys that really doesn't have any deep or meaningful significance. It was simply one of those everyday moments. You know the ones - when you turn your camera towards your children and fire off a quick snap just to capture them as they are. And as important as it is to capture milestones and memorable events, I think it's equally important to just capture moments like this.


I decided to create a mixed media based page for this one. I started with white cardstock and began applying layers. First I added some blue watercolour using Colour Blast 'Cobalt' Colour Shimmer Dust and a soft brush. Once that had dried, I used a Donna Downey stencil to apply Colour Blast 'Dusty Charcoal' Colour Paste. After that was dry I then used my new DeeDee Catron designed stamp set from Viva Las VegaStamps (seriously awesome set, check it out HERE) to add some stamping around my page.


I then gathered up some 'You Rock' papers to create a layered mat for my photo. I used pieces cut from the In Line; Galactic; and Night Sky papers; which I topped with some frayed gauze and a frame from the chipboard accents sticker sheet. To get the best use of the frame, I cut it in half and tucked the two halves on either side of my mounted photo.


Now it was time to turn to the embellishments. I fussy cut a few stars from the Starshine paper, which I placed to form a visual triangle around my photo. Next, I added stickers from the accessory sticker sheet - the large starburst label above my photo; a small label tucked into the layers behind my photo; and a small banner beneath my photo. I also added the rad and you rock phrase stickers.


On the left side of the chipboard frame, I added some messy grey cotton thread, topped with a flair button; whilst below the photo I added the navy awesome label from the die cut ephemera pack to compliment the you rock sticker I had already placed there.

To finish off my page, I added small torn pieces of a couple of the washi tape stickers to add further depth to the layers surrounding my photo. I also added some splatters of Colour Blast 'Road Base' Colour Spray and stamped the date.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I will be back again soon with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

This looks fantastic.. I love the photo and love the back ground... and geez I hope you win masters this year... I hope you are entering it....