Saturday 8 July 2017

My Heart is Full | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone! Popping in today to share my latest layout created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio. This week I had to create something for the theme of “the story”, which is all about including journaling on your pages.

The layout I have to share with you features the beautiful ‘Love Always’ collection, and a candid photo of my children that I took a few years ago. It was taken back when my boys were still babies; and Brielle used to give them a nightly bottle while I prepared dinner for the rest of the family. We had a deal with her that she could watch whatever she wanted on TV while she did it.

"My Heart is Full"

I started with the soft pink side of the ‘Class Act’ paper as my base, and added some mixed media to it before I went any further. I first added some stamping using a random text stamp (perfect for a story theme, don’t you think?) to both the top right and bottom left corners. I then used a Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Cube (Blush) to add some shimmery pink watercolour over the top, to further define the focal areas of my page. Next, I added some smears of Colour Blast Colour Paste (Steel); and some splatters of 'Stormy Weather' Colour Shimmer Spray, then set it aside to dry.


The next step was to create the layered mat for my photo to sit on. I used a variety of papers (‘Note to Self’; ‘Class Act’ and ‘Lovely Things’), which I layered together with some messy cotton thread before mounting my photo on top. I also used some of the same papers in my cluster at the top of the page, along with pieces from the die cut ephemera pack.


Above my photo, I added the word together that was cut from the ‘Lovely Things’ cut apart paper; as well as a small arrow from the puffy sticker sheet. Alongside my photo, I added another piece from the cut apart, as well as an arrow from the chipboard accent sticker sheet.


I added two die cut butterflies from the ephemera pack just below my top cluster; and dotted some of the Sparkles enamel dots around my page. 

To finish off, I added my typed journaling; the small my heart is full banner from the ephemera pack as my title and some splatters of Colour Blast 'Road Base' Colour Spray.
Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I am really happy that this journaling theme pushed me to get this story scrapped before the little details became a distant memory. I hope you are inspired to get some of your own stories documented - don't let the details become lost forever!
Ti next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

Nawww what a great story behind the photo, I am sure you needed her help at dinner time too... love the layout, love the back ground too..