Monday 24 July 2017

Hello Jail Bird | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone! Just popping in to share my latest design team project for Cocoa Vanilla Studio with you. Today I have a layout I created using the 'You Rock' collection; a bit of mixed media; and a funny photo of one of my boys that I took recently at a theme park.

"Hello Jail Bird"

I started my page with a sheet of the 'In Line' paper, and I chose to run the stripes vertically to mimic the bars in the photo. I then added some extra depth to my background using a Darkroom Door texture stamp; and some subtle watercolour paint using a Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Cube (Steel). I also added some small pieces of torn striped washi tape sticker; along with a printed phrase washi sticker to the top corner of my page.


Next, I gathered together some papers to create a layered mat for my photo. The papers I used included the reverse side of the 'In Line' paper; 'Night Sky'; and 'Random'. I also use the lightning bolt strip cut from the 'Stripped' paper and ran it vertically through the focal area of my page. I then added some messy black cotton thread for texture and mounted my photo on top.


To embellish my page, I started by adding a few fussy cut stars from the 'Starshine' paper; then a couple of chipboard accent stickers, which I layered directly onto my photo.


Next, I added several wood veneer shapes around my page; including the hello word that I used as part of my title. The remainder of my title was created using some Colour Me Happy black alphabet stickers and Totally Rad wood grain alphabet stickers. I also added a few small phrase stickers from the accessory sticker sheet.


Beneath my photo I added the awesome tag rubber charm, which I tied with a small piece of twine. To finish off my layout I added some splatters of Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Spray (Sienna & Stormy Weather) and Colour Spray (Road Base); and a few stamped phrases and date.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I will be back again in a couple of weeks with another project. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: