Thursday 8 June 2017

Hello Beautiful | Colour Blast

Hi everyone!
Just popping in today to share my latest design team project for Colour Blast with you. (Technically I am not actually here today though, as I am currently off setting up at the Brisbane Scrapbook & Papercraft Expo!)

Today's project is a 12x12" layout that features the gorgeous new Colour Shimmer Cubes. (For anyone who hasn't seen these little pots of watercolour deliciousness yet, make sure you head to the store HERE and check them out!) Besides the cubes, I also used Colour Paste, Heavy White Gesso, Colour Embossing Powder and Colour Shimmer Spray in the making of this project.

Here's what I created...


My background for this page was created using a combination of the Blush and Tangereen Dream Colour Shimmer Cubes. I applied it using a small flat brush, which I simply dipped into a cup of water, activating the paint as I went. I also added some small splatters, and then added a few more splatters in the Steel colour as well. Once the watercolours were dry, I also added some smears of 'Bling' Colour Paste in random areas using my finger.


Next, I turned my attention to preparing my embellishments. I had a sheet of watercolour paper I had used to test out the Shimmer Cubes which was too pretty to waste, so I stamped out some flower images using one of my Viva Las VegaStamps so I could fussy cut them to embellish my page.


I also had a number of wood veneer pieces (from Cocoa Vanilla Studio and D-lish Scraps) I planned to use, which I undercoated first using White Heavy Gesso. I then embossed the title word using Bling Colour Embossing Powder to match the gold highlights in my background; and then embossed the remaining pieces using Snow White.


After all that, it was time to put my layout together. I cut out the photo of my daughter so I could remove all the distractions in the background, then layered it on top of a paper doily and some frayed gauze, which helped define the focal area of my page.


I used the embossed wood veneer pieces and stamped flowers to frame around the photo, and across my page. I raised some of them using foam tape for dimension, and layered some messy gold thread among them as well.


I also added a paper flower on top of the large embossed string heart, a few paper leaves, and scattered some enamel dots around the page.


I also popped a little gold thread behind my title piece before adhering it; and added a couple of small Cocoa Vanilla phrase stickers.


To finish off, I couldn't go past one last splatter - this time using my Bling Colour Shimmer Spray. This was the final element I needed to help tie all those gold tones together.
(If you would like to see my process photos for this page, you can head to my post HERE on the Colour Blast blog)

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. For anyone in the greater Brisbane area over the next 3 days, come and say hi at the Scrapbook Expo! I will be working on the Cocoa Vanilla Studio stand each day (and popping over to see my Colour Blast teammates on their stand whenever I can). This expo is such a great opportunity to see (and purchase!) scrappy products in person and catch up with so many fellow scrappers. SO. MUCH. FUN.

If I don't see you at the expo, I will be back with another project to share soon. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: