Thursday 27 April 2017

You Are the Best | Colour Blast

Hi everyone! Just popping in today to share my latest design team project for Colour Blast. Today I have a 12x12" mixed media layout that I created using a kit by Krisy Podolak. The kit was from Krisy's Colour Blast class that she taught at last years Brisbane Scrapbook and Papercraft Expo (minus the mediums of course, as I already had plenty of Colour Blast in my stash). ;)

Here is what I started with...


I decided not to use the black cardstock from the kit as my background, and used white instead.
Here is what I came up with...


I started this page by stamping onto my cardstock. I used stamps by Viva Las VegaStamps and a new one I got recently by Carabelle Studio. Next, I mixed up some Peacock Colour Shimmer Dust with water and used a water brush to apply the colour to selected areas of my page. (I seriously love this colour!)


Next, I added some Dusty Charcoal Colour Paste to random areas using a palette knife and then set it aside to dry. (Don't smear it gently if you want the texture to show.)


Whilst the background was drying, I took the opportunity to alter the chipboard pieces I was going to use. I decide to emboss them using Dusty Charcoal Embossing Powder so it would match the paste I had already added to my page. (You will note in the close up photo, the rough, textured look of the embossed chipboard - this is exactly the effect that I like. If you prefer a thicker, smoother result then I would recommend a second coat.)


After the chipboard was done, it was time to construct my layout. The first thing I added was the Flutterby Designs kit exclusives. I used the two frames to add some layers under my photo and then took the cheesecloth from the kit and cut some pieces which I frayed and placed under my photo. I also added the Flutterby remember tab to draw attention to my photo.


I used the cord from the kit to make a rough frame on top of my photo, which I attached using staples. Then I took the beads and added them in random places around my photo to add some extra colour and texture.


Next, it was time to add my embossed chipboard pieces, which I adhered right over the top of some of the beads. (Make sure your beads are stuck down with a strong glue or you might find the chipboard pieces will lift the beads from the page.)




I also added a few extra Flutterby Designs Sticky Quotes from my stash.


And last but not least, don't forget some splatters of Road Base Colour Spray! (Because every good grungy page needs black splatters, right?) I just take the nozzle out of the bottle and flick it right on. (Remember to cover up your photo if you don't want it splattered too!)


That's all from me today. I really enjoyed creating using this kit (thanks Krisy!)
Krisy will be teaching for Colour Blast again at this year's Brisbane Scrapbook and Papercraft Expo in June, so if you are visiting make sure you check out the class she has on offer offer and visit the Colour Blast stand.
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: