Wednesday 8 February 2017

You Had Me At Hello | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone! I am here today with my first February share for Cocoa Vanilla Studio. Given that it is Valentine's Day in less than a weeks time, the team at Cocoa Vanilla are celebrating with some love themed layouts to get you in the mood. And what could be more appropriate than a layout featuring the beautiful 'Love Always' collection, which celebrates all things romantic. This page also features one of my loves - my partner of almost 16 years.


Given that this photo of him was taken in a garden, my goal when I created this layout was to create a page that incorporated some of the floral elements from the collection, whilst still maintaining enough of a masculine edge that he wouldn't complain. I achieved this by using the Bouquet paper as a background sheet, and then sewing a square of the Lovely Things paper over the top, which left only a narrow border visible.


I added some subtle mixed media to my background to grunge it up a bit using some Colour Blast 'Peach Nectar' Colour Mica Powder, which I applied directly to my page with a waterbrush. I also decided that I wanted to make good use of the Lovely Things cut apart paper for this page, so I incorporated a variety of pieces into the layers under my photo, along with a piece of the reverse side of the Bouquet paper. Tucked into my layers was also a doily from the vellum accents pack.


I fussy cut a variety of elements to use around my page from the cut apart paper - the geo heart; floral accent piece under the side of my photo; and my title you had me at hello were all cut from the same sheet of paper.


Also tucked into the layers under and around my photo was a frame from the chipboard accent stickers; a scalloped border from the accessory sticker sheet; and some pieces from the die cut ephemera pack.


To tie in with the stitching, I included some small bunches of messy cotton thread around my page; and on top of one of them I nested one of the coordinating flair buttons. After that, it was simply a matter of adding some stamping and a few splatters of Colour Blast 'Road Base' Colour Spray and my page was complete.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. If you are looking for the perfect collection to scrap photos of your own valentine, then the Love Always collection is available in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio store now, or alternatively you can ask for it from your favourite scrappy retailer.
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: