Friday 10 February 2017

New Threads | Scrap the Boys February Challenge

Hi everyone!
I am so happy to be continuing on with Scrap the Boys for another term this year. As my long-term readers will know, I have twin boys and when I re-started scrapping after they were born I wondered how I was ever going to get my head around doing the whole "boy page" thing. Fast forward a few years, and I LOVE to create boy pages now, and am passionate about sharing my work in the hope of inspiring others to scrap their boys too.

So, onto the February Scrap the Boys challenge, which is...


And here is my take on it...

"New Threads"

I've been a bit of a mixed media roll lately and really enjoying it, so figured why stop now? I created this background using some red Flutter Colour paint from Flutterby Designs, which I simply swiped over the background with an old gift card. I then added some depth by stamping over it with some Viva Las VegaStamps, and then added some small pieces of torn washi tape.


Next, I created some layers under my photo using an assortment of things - tissue paper; paint sample card; small paper bag; gauze; and a wood veneer frame that I coloured black with a Sharpie then cut in half and placed under either side.


I used Cocoa Vanilla Studio alphas for my title and next to my photo I used a Charms Creations chevron as my feature embellishment.


To carry through my "clothing" theme, I also added a couple of small tags that I stamped the date onto, and tied with twine. (I love how the twine, along with the cut up pieces of the paint sample card bring in just the right amount of blue to tie in with the photo.)


I also added a foiled flair button from Flutterby Designs, which I nested on some messy black cotton thread; and a few Cocoa Vanilla Studio black enamel dots.


I added a couple of Snippet Strips from Flutterby Designs using my tiny attacher; some stamped phrases (stamp also from Viva Las VegaStamps); handwritten journaling; and then splattered a bit of mist around and I was done!

Don't forget you have until the end of the month to get your entries in for the Scrap the Boys challenge. We have TWO fabulous sponsors this month - Cocoa Vanilla Studio and Scrapping Life, so get busy if you would like to be in with a chance of winning! (Remember, don't get caught out with the short month!)

Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: