Thursday 2 February 2017

Acai Assassin | Colour Blast

Hi everyone! I am excited to be sharing my first project as a member of the Colour Blast design team. (Although I have created many pages using the products before, it's nice to share my first official one.) Today I have a layout to share that features one of my favourite things - cocktails! To match the theme of my shot, I wanted to create a background not only incorporating the colours from the image, but also one that looked as though drinks had been spilled on it.



I started my page by mixing up a couple of Colour Shimmer Dusts with water (Sunflower and Candy) and first applied the Sunflower to my cardstock using a water brush. I then applied some drops of the diluted Candy Shimmer Dust over the top and then tilted my page around to let them run together. (Make sure you use complimentary colours for this - you don't want to make mud!)



Next, I used Colour Shimmer Spray in Fire Engine to add some splatters around the page. (I simply unscrewed the cap and used that to flick it about.) Then I added some stamping using some of my fave Viva Las VegaStamps and black ink to provide contrast to the page.

At this point I decided that I needed to draw in the teal tone from the photo, but I didn't want to overwhelm the predominance of warm tones I had already used. So I grabbed my Envy Colour Paste and used my finger to smear some subtle colour around my page.



After the background was dry, it was simply a matter of adding the remaining elements of my page. I used tissue paper, punchinella, wood veneer and muslin (all from D-lish Scraps) to form layers under my photo. I love the different contrasting textures this combination provides.


I then added my embellishments - more D-lish Scraps wood veneer pieces; a Charms Creations star; and a flair button from Flutterby Designs; as well as some messy cotton thread for further texture.


Then it was simply a matter of adding my journaling, a title (I used Cocoa Vanilla Studio alphas) and the date and I was done!


Thanks for stopping by to check out my first Colour Blast project. I will be back soon with more projects to share.
Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: