Saturday 8 October 2016

Sweet | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone! I am here today to share my latest layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the beautiful Love Always collection. I have had this photo of Brielle and Kaden asleep together for a while, and when I printed it the other day in black and white I knew it would be perfect for this range.

"Sweet"


I decided to keep this layout to a largely neutral colour scheme with just a touch of blue. I started with the Lovely Things paper as my background, adding a circle of the Bouquet paper over the top. I wanted to add a subtle splash of colour to it, so I used one of my Faber-Castell gelatos to add a watercolour effect.
I then created a layered mat for my photo using pieces of the Twin Set and Note to Self papers, as well as a paper doily. I also added a horizontal strip of the Note to Self paper, to help draw the viewer's eye through the photo.


I highlighted my photo further by adding some chipboard sticker photo corners to two of the diagonally opposite corners. I then used these as points of reference as to where I would place my embellishments. In the small cluster above and to the left of my photo, I layered together - a small tag from the Bits n Pieces pack; pieces from the die cut ephemera pack; and some sparkles enamel dots.


Directly to the right of my photo, I added the beautiful quote from the die cut ephemera pack. This needed very few supporting embellishments as the piece was decorative enough on its own, so I just added another enamel dot and a small die cut butterfly nearby.


At the bottom right corner of my photo was my final embellishment cluster. For this one I layered together - a bingo card sticker from the accessory sticker sheet; die cut ephemera pieces; a chipboard sticker star and I also popped another sparkly enamel dot nearby.


To complete my layout I added my title directly to my photo. I used the sweet word from the wood veneer pack. I first coloured it white all over using my Posca pen; then I used the same gelato I had used on the background to add some color to the lower half of the word. I highlighted the title with a die cut arrow, which I placed to look as though my son was holding it in his hand.
Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this layout with you. If you are looking to purchase your own stash of the Love Always collection, please check the Cocoa Vanilla stockists list to find your nearest retailer; or alternatively, it is also available in the Cocoa Vanilla online store. (It has now been fully re-stocked after some items had sold out.)
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: