Monday 17 October 2016

Hello | Show Us Your Stuff October Challenge

Hi everyone!
Popping in today to share my take on this month's challenge for Show Us Your Stuff. This month the challenge has been designed by the very talented Leanne Jago and is a fabulous mood board that looks like this...


All of the images featured in the mood board are artworks created by Leanne herself. Aren't they amazing? I was inspired by the blue and green colours that feature; the use of paint; and also by the theme of animals to create this layout...

"Hello"

I had so much fun creating the background for this layout using lots of layers of paint (Dylusions and Flutter Colour paints); stencils (including some of the fabulous mini stencils from Flutterby Designs) and stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps.


Here's a closer look at some of those layers. It took a bit of patience and work with the heat gun to make sure each one was dry before I applied the next. I am really happy I did though, I love being able to see the colour separation between each one...and no mud!


I used one of my Amy Tan Thickers words for my title, which I paired with a Flutterby Designs snippet strip.


Under my photos are some layers I added for extra texture - a coloured paper doily and some punchinella (both from D-lish Scraps). The flair button and resin stars are both from Cocoa Vanilla Studio; and more snippet strips from Flutterby Designs.


Some handwritten journaling, a little bit more stamping and some enamel dots finished off my layout.

I hope you will play along with us this month! You have until midnight, 31st October to get your entries in. We have an amazing prize up for grabs from Art by Leanne Jago. You can pop over to the Show Us Your Stuff blog for the full challenge and prize details.
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: