Monday 12 September 2016

Post Expo Monday | Flutterby Designs

Hi everyone!
I hope this finds you well, I am sick with flu here today. (Horrible!)
Anyway, just wanted to pop in and share my latest Flutterby Designs project with you. For this layout I decided to scrap a selfie I took at home the day after the Brisbane Scrapbook and Papercraft Expo ended back in June. After spending 4 awesome (but exhausting) days surrounded by "my people", this photo pretty much summed up how I was feeling that Monday morning.

'Post Expo Monday'

I started my layout by creating a mixed media background on some white cardstock. First, I used 3 different colours of the Flutter Colour paints, which I swiped on using an old credit card. Next, I applied some Colour Blast 'Stormy Weather' Shimmer Spray, which I applied lightly using some plastic packaging to some of the white areas of the background. I then used the 'Confetti Cubes' stencil from the Mini Stencils set to add some Colour Blast 'Steel' Colour Paste to my page. Finally, for a little extra extra depth I added some stamping, using my Viva Las Vegastamps with both black and grey Staz On inks.


For my layout design, I started by using one of the Everyday Etc 'No Excuses' filler cards as a mat for my photo. I then tucked a 'One of Those Days' page tabs in behind my photo, along with some messy cotton thread. Above my photo I added a couple of the 'Blackboard' Sticky Quotes (one of which features my absolute favourite "sentence enhancer", hehe) and alongside my photo I used the coffee cup wood veneer, which I added a Snippet Strip to, that I had cut into smaller pieces.


The large quote on my layout came from a 'One of Those Days' Everyday Etc cards, that I cut into pieces. I also used the super cute 'Everyday Life' wood veneer Insta Frame, which I tucked under the edge of my photo, and then layered it with some more messy thread and a flair button (from the new set #420) on top.


The monday in my title was from the 'Weekdays' wood veneer pack and I coloured it black using my trusty Posca pen. I also coloured some of my favourite 'Circles' wood veneer pieces the same way and scattered them around my page, along with some coordinating bold enamel dots.

Thanks for stopping by today, if you haven't already joined the Flutterby Inspiration HQ group on Facebook then make sure you do! We love to see your layouts featuring your favourite "sentence enhancers" too, so don't be shy! ;)
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: