Thursday 22 September 2016

Love You | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!
I am here today to share my latest layout using the beautiful Love Always collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. This layout is very special to me, as I actually created it as a wedding gift recently for my brother in law and his beautiful bride. (I can't tell you how nervous I was creating an actual wedding present!)


To create this layout I started with a beautiful black and white photo of the bride and groom and a sheet of the Note to Self script paper; to which I added a small piece from the reverse side and also pieces of the Twin Set striped paper (both sides). I also added some machine stitching to add some subtle texture, and help draw the eye down into the photo.


To help define my photo and make it "pop" from the background, I created a layered photo mat using more of the Note to Self (reverse side) and Bouquet papers; as well as a paper doily. On top of that I added a chipboard accent sticker frame (which I cut in half and placed either side of my photo).


For my title I used one of the wood veneer pieces, which I painted using my Posca pen, and I also added a small wood veneer heart (also altered with the pen). The title was enhanced using a couple of floral vellum accent pieces.


To the bottom right of my photo, I created my large embellishment cluster using the large geo heart wood veneer piece as the focal point. This was also painted using my Posca pen; and was clustered together with more of the vellum accent pieces. On top of the heart I added a flair button, which I nested on some messy cotton thread and one of the gorgeous bitty blooms.

Along the bottom of my layout I added the quote from the Lovely Things cut apart paper; and created a mini cluster using a chipboard sticker, die cut ephemera heart and a Sparkles - glitter enamel dot.


To balance my layout I added a second cluster to the left of my photo; layering together more of the chipboard stickers and adding another small painted wood veneer heart and some glitter enamel dots. I also embellished directly onto my photo using a die cut ephemera phrase and one of the tiny word stickers from the Accessory Sticker sheet. Tucked beneath the edge of the photo is one of the super cute puffy stickers.

I am so happy with how this layout came out, and very pleased to report that my gift was well received by the happy couple.
Here is a peek of how it looked in the frame...


That's all from me today. I will be back again soon with another project to share with you.
Until then, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

This layout is really beautiful.. what a special gift!