Thursday 25 August 2016

Yes You Can | Flutterby Designs

Hi everyone!
Popping to today to share my latest layout for Flutterby Designs using the brand new 'No Excuses' range. This range is bright, bold, fun and real - all the things that everyone has come to love and expect from Flutterby products!

Although this range is perfect to document personal goals and achievement; I decided to use it to document an important message for Hunter that I want him to always remember despite the physical challenges he faces.


I started my layout by swiping some Flutter Colour paint across cardstock using an old credit card and then splattered some magenta watercolour paint on top of it to help add some depth. Next, I used part of the 'You Got This' stencil with some Faber-Castell Whipped Spackle, to add some texture and dimension to my background by replicating the words from the title around the page.


I used one of the 6x4 cards from the 'No Excuses' Everyday Etc cards as the main focus of my layout, cutting it up into strips to use as my title. I also used one of the coordinating 'No Excuses' Filler Cards as a mat for my photos. I love how the bright pop of magenta helps draw the eye into the focal point of my layout.


I used two of the coordinating 'No Excuses' Page Tabs tucked in behind my photos; as well as a flair button (from set 406) that I nested on some messy cotton thread. I also used two wood veneer pieces - the new 'Be Awesome Today' and the 'Remember Bubble'. I coloured each of them with a white Posca pen and then used a baby wipe to rub the colour back a bit to allow more of the grain to show through.


Finally, I added one of the new 'Blackboard Sticky Quotes' and some 'Snippet Strips' around my page. They were a quick and easy way to reinforce the subject of both my photos and journaling.


A few black splatters, a couple of staples and some simple stamping and my layout was complete.
If you haven't checked out all the recent additions to the Flutterby store, then head over HERE to see what's new.
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: