Saturday 27 August 2016

Hello School Days | D-lish Scraps Birthday Cyber Crop

Hi everyone!
Just popping in today to share my challenge and layout for the D-lish Scraps Birthday Cyber Crop with you.

Recently, D-lish Scraps very quietly ticked over it's 7th birthday. And a birthday can't pass by without a celebration, right? So boss lady Amanda decided that this month it was time to celebrate the milestone with a birthday cyber crop. In addition to the usual challenges from the design team, there are was also a couple of extra challenges from Amanda and even a special Just Add Paper kit released into the store. (You can find the kits HERE)

For my cyber crop challenge, I designed a good old fashioned BINGO challenge, which I based on birthday themed elements.


And here is my sample layout...


For my sample I used the vertical "balloons - card - cake" line, which were represented by flair buttons, a tag and several pieces of wood veneer. But given that this was my challenge, I thought I might sneak a few others on there as well, so I also managed to include washi tape, a bow, sequins, twine and handwritten journaling from the other squares.


My layout background was created using Dylusions paints straight onto white cardstock - I just love how bright and colourful they are! They matched this pic of my daughter and her friend at the school disco perfectly. Over the top of the paint I used some Faber-Castell Whipped Spackle with the 'Squared' Dusty Attic stencil. (The Dylusions paints and the Whipped Spackle were purchased from Scrapbooking from Scratch.) I also added some torn strips of washi tape (the roll was from a previously released Just Add Paper kit).


The wood veneer pieces I used were all coloured using my Posca pens, to match the warm tones used in my background. They included a large circle from the Corbett Creations circle set; and a square bracket frame that I cut in half and placed underneath the sides of my photo. I also used two flair buttons including one from a previous JAP kit. Also from a previous kit, was the orange tissue paper that I paired with a beautiful lace paper doily to form the layers under my photo.


In the corner of my photo I created an embellishment cluster that included a dip dye tag tied with twine; and a sparkly sequin bow. I also added an arrow paperclip to the edge of my photo. And just for a little extra bling, I added some loose sequins to my page.

If you haven't popped over the The Scrap Suite yet and checked out all the cyber crop challenges you will find the group HERE. Entries remain open for another 3 weeks, so you still have plenty of time to complete them, and you might win one of the store vouchers up for grabs too!

And before I forget, if you have ever thought about applying for a design team, then I highly recommend this one! Applications close on Monday, so get your skates on!!


Til next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: