Saturday 21 May 2016

D-lish Scraps May Projects!

Hi everyone! Just popping in today to share a round-up of all my D-lish Scraps featured projects for the month.

Starting off with this layout of my boys...

"Self Portrait"

This layout features patterned papers from Cocoa Vanilla Studio and embellishments from D-lish Scraps (of course!) I love to combine different patterns and shapes on my boy layouts, and am a sucker for anything woodgrain! It probably goes without saying then, that one of my very favourite embellishments to use on masculine layouts are wood veneers. Wood veneer pieces are extremely versatile, as you can easily alter them with paint or ink; or leave them raw as I have here, to add a touch of natural texture to the page.


Also featured on this layout are phrases cut from Journal It's minifetti sheets; black geo tag shaped paperclip; arrow print washi tapeD-lish Dots enamels; and a flair button from the 'Just My Type' set.




My second project share featured a recent funny photo of my sister and I, on a day she came to visit me wearing pretty much the same outfit...

"Fashion Faux Pas"

This layout was my take on this month's 'Tranquil Pools' Inspiration Board challenge using the coordinating Just Add Paper kit. I sooo loved the colours in this one - I am a big fan of blue and green, especially when they are together! I used the sketch from the board (although I did rotate it around, just to be a little different). I applied aqua and lime mists to my background, and then used the Dusty Attic 'Addition' stencil with some Colour Blast colour paste.


From the JAP kit I used some of the green tissue paper; washi tape; journal pieces; resin flowersCorbett Creations wood veneer circles (which I coloured white with a paint pen); and one of the flair buttons. I also added one of the gorgeous 6" lace paper doilies from my D-lish stash.




My final project share featured a photo of me again, but this time with my boys when they were 25 days old during our second cuddle together...

"Twin Mummy Cuddle" 

I used a simple, elegant white & gold colour palette for this layout which was the perfect excuse to use the stunning gold foil washi tape I had been saving. (And yes, gold foil is difficult to photograph so I haven't quite presented this layout in all its glory as I would have hoped to.)


Also used on this layout was a white 6" lace paper doily; a gold foil doily; a gold sequin bow; white Forget-Me-Nots; a flair button (from the Defining Words set); and words cut from a Journal It's Minifetti sheet.


The background was created using the Dusty Attic Keyboard Jumble stencil and some Colour Blast colour paste in Bling. I chose this stencil because it represented to me what a jumble of words and emotions I was at this moment.


Thanks for stopping by today. If you have any tips for me for effectively photographing foil on your projects, I would love to hear them!
Until next time, happy scrapping! X


No comments: