Tuesday 5 April 2016

Scrap the Boys April Challenge!

Hi everyone! Just popping to post the first of my design team shares for April. Kicking it off this month with the Scrap the Boys challenge first of all, and the challenge is this...


Seeing as I have two little boys here who like nothing better than to be just like their dad, this one wasn't a problem for me. This layout was created using the new Totally Rad collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio which is perfect for scrapping all things boy related.

"Just Like Dad"

It can be so hard to find a good boy collection sometimes, and this one is a cracker! I love everything about it. The grey cross print on the B side of the 'Say What' paper is one of my faves, so I couldn't go past using it as a background again. Paired with the bright pops of colour on the 'Top Gear' paper, it's a match made in heaven for me!


To the right of my photo I created a cascading embellishment cluster, which features pieces from the die cut ephemera pack; wood veneers; snippets of the 'Mix Tape' paper; an acetate star and a flair button. (I love the variety of embellishments available from Cocoa Vanilla!)


To bring balance to my layout, I echoed the wood accent to the left of my photo with some die cuts; a wood veneer; and a mini wooden peg from the Bits & Pieces pack.


I wanted a big feature title on this layout, but I also wanted it to have a playful, child-like quality to reflect the theme, so I handcut the letters from the B side of the 'Line Up' paper. 
I then added printed strip journaling, a few more die cuts, a Woodie; stamping and black mist splatters to finish it off. 

I hope you will join us at Scrap the Boys this month. Besides the fact the challenge is a great one, we have prizes on offer from some of my favourites this month with Cocoa Vanilla Studio and Flutterby Designs both offering prizes. There is also a prize from Lauren Hender at A Little Peek at Me. Definitely worth playing along for! You have until the end of the month to link your entries up.
Happy scrapping! X 

No comments: