Friday 22 January 2016

Hello Summer Days for Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone! Just popping in to share another layout using the gorgeous Hello Sunshine collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio.
This layout features a recent photo I took of my sister, niece and one of my sons during a swim in the pool. The reason I love this photo so much is the natural smile on Kaden's face. (Usually when he is asked to smile for a photo we get what we call "monster teeth", so this one is a bit special!)


I decided to stick with the blue tones from the collection for this layout, as they worked so well with the water theme and colours of my photo. I also included some small pops of peach as a highlight.

I started with the B side of the Chill Out paper, which features the awesome denim print as my background. I paired this with circles cut from the B sides of both the Solar Flare and Happy Days papers. My photo mat, which is a fabulous light woodgrain, was cut from the B side of the Full Bloom paper. (B sides rule! hehe)


I used the die cut script words from the ephemera pack for my title. I found that the light grey colour of the words didn't stand out enough from the papers I had chosen, so I used a coloured pencil to highlight around the words. I really like the effect it gave as it reminded me of water.


I used a number of blooms on this layout. Their beautiful tropical appearance helped add to the summery feel I was looking for and they also provided some great dimension. I also used a flair button and scattered a few enamel dots around to echo the circular theme I had used.


I used a variety of pieces from the ephemera pack, accessory stickers and puffy stickers to embellish my layout. (How seriously cute is that little anchor?!) I also used one of the woodies and a piece from the Summer Hits cut apart paper for my journaling.

Thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you. You can find the Hello Sunshine collection available now in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio store or please ask your favourite retailer for it.
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: