Sunday 1 November 2015

Off the Rails November Challenge!

Hi friends!
Can you believe it's actually November? I can't!!! Eeeeeeeekkkkk!
Anyway, I am here today sharing my first Design Team share for the month, and this one is for the challenge at Off the Rails.

This month's mood board challenge looks like this...


And here is what I came up with...

{Papers by Jillibean Soup; Glitz Design and Cocoa Vanilla Studio}

This layout was a bit of an experiment for me - quite unlike my usual style which uses lots more paper than this, but I am pleased with how it turned out. (I am also pleased that it used up some scraps I had sitting around.)

It was SO hard being restrained with my embellishments though! I used a combination of Cocoa Vanilla Studio wood veneer pieces and enamel dots; and some Jillibean Soup die cuts, plus my Tim Holtz tiny attacher...








I quite enjoyed this departure from my usual style, and I think I will challenge myself to try it again. (I really did struggle to know when to leave it alone, but in hindsight I am glad I did!) 
Thanks for stopping by today, let me know what you think of this change up in style from me - should I try it again???
I am looking forward to seeing what this challenge inspires from everyone else! You have until the end of the month to link your entries up on the Off the Rails blog.
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

What a wonderful board! and your layout is so lovely.. the photo goes well with the quote too...