Monday 23 November 2015

All I want for Christmas for Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi all! Just popping in to share a new layout I created using the Tis the Season collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio.

The photo in this layout was taken in 2013, when Brielle was 5 and the boys were 18 months. I was doing a mini shoot for our Christmas greeting photo for family and friends. I lost count of how many photos I took that day trying to get everyone to face forward with their hats on. In the end I gave up trying for the "perfect" picture and this was the one we used that year.


I started my layout with the Merry & Bright paper (which is actually the cut apart sheet, but I used the B side) as my base. I then layered this with a piece of the All is Bright paper as my focal point, as I liked the contrast of the stripes against the small spots. Layered on top of this was a vertical strip of the Jingle Bells paper and some of the Merry & Bright cut apart pieces. I also added some machine stitching for subtle texture.


The title block was created using pieces from the cut apart sheet, along with alphabet stickers, a die cut from the ephemera pack, and a wood veneer piece. I also machine stitched over the top of it and then added the word "memories" from the ephemera pack to my photo.


I wanted to maintain a sense of balance with the design of this layout, so I added clusters of similar items to the opposing corners surrounding my photo. Here, you can see how I layered some of the accessory stickers with wood veneer pieces and enamel dots.


I then used similar items (stickers, a die cut and wood veneer pieces) in the opposite corner to balance it out.
I finished the layout simply with a small cluster featuring a scalloped strip from the ephemera pack, a sticker, flair button and a couple of enamel dots.

Thanks for stopping by today and for all those wonderful people who take time to leave me comments, your kind words are very much appreciated!
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

Hehe! Love the photo! And beautiful papers and design on your layout!