Thursday 15 October 2015

Show Us Your Stuff October Challenge!

Hi friends! Back again today to share yet another of my Design Team layouts for October, this time for Show Us Your Stuff.
This month's challenge was designed by the super talented Leanne Jago (and yes, that's  her own photo in the graphic). Check this out...


Besides the "no people allowed" criteria, as always you must include a handmade embellishment. (I squeezed on four this month!)

Here is my layout (warning: I've gone a bit way out this month)...

{Papers by Close To My Heart; Prima and a Project Life card)

I had so much fun creating this layout, with it's messy layers of gesso, acrylic paint, water soluble pastels and mist for the background. I was inspired by the work of Celine Navarro, who is AMAZING when it comes to using paint.
I scrapped one of my recent photos I posted on Instagram. (You can find and follow me on Instagram under the username @sue.plumb or simply click the link in my blog sidebar.)

Here's a closer look...

{Heart by Charms Creations; flower pin by My Little Bit of Whimsy; die cut ephemera by Heidi Swapp and Dear Lizzy}

{Freckled Fawn paperclip, flair button and enamel dots all from D-lish Scraps; die cut ephemera by Heidi Swapp and Amy Tangerine}

This layout really was something different to what I have been creating lately and it made me happy. Not only the end result, but simply the process of creating it, where I let my mojo run wild and free.
I hope I have inspired you to join in with this month's Show Us Your Stuff challenge. There is a fabulous prize from the lovely Agnus at {scrAp this!} up for grabs. So get scrapping! X

2 comments:

Amanda Baldwin said...

This is stunning! Love ur fun painty background! So awesome! !!!

Lizzyc said...

This looks gorgeous! Love the riot of color on the amazing background! Fabulous take on the challenge!