Sunday 25 October 2015

D-lish Scraps October Inspiration Board

Hi all! Just popping in to share one of my D-lish Scraps October projects with you. This layout was based on the current 'Summer Fiesta' Inspiration Board Challenge, which looks like this... 


"Summer Fiesta is cute, sassy and something that just makes you want to grin from ear to ear. It's fun and playful colour scheme of bold yellow, red and turquoise with a touch of rustic wood panelling is gender neutral and lends itself to a world of possibilities." 

And here is what I created...


This was a really fun board to play along with, and although I created a boy themed layout, I think the palette lends itself equally well to both genders.

Many of the items on my layout came from this month's Summer Fiesta Just Add Paper Kit. I used the exclusive Hello Sunshine wood veneer from the kit as my title and kept it raw to suit the woodgrain element from the board. Alongside it, you can see a scattering of loose sequins, which added to the fun, playful nature of the layout.


Here you can see a number of embellishments from the Just Add Paper kit - red polka dot paper doiley; mini wooden peg (from the kit packaging!); journal strip; printed washi tape; wood veneer pinwheel and a mini metal flower. (I love the way these kits make a layout come together so easily!)


Alongside my photo, I layered together more washi, some of the twine and one of the flair buttons from the kit, and also added a Freckled Fawn Wood Chip Arrow Word.


More journal pieces from the kit; along with a D-lish Dots enamel shape, Freckled Fawn paper clip and piece of Coloured Wire (which I attached simply with staples) completed my layout.
The patterned papers I used on this layout are by Glitz Designs and Echo Park.


Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this project with you. I hope I have inspired you to enter this month's Inspiration Board Challenge if you haven't already? There is a store voucher and a Just Add Paper kit up for grabs for two lucky winners.
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

This is lovely Sue! Fun bright and happy!