Thursday 15 January 2015

Scrap the Boys January!

Time for a mid-month reveal, and this one is for Scrap the Boys. I am so pleased to be continuing on with STB this year. You may have already seen this fabulous, funky mood board designed by Rikki Graziani that is this month's challenge...

Here is my take on it...

{Papers by Simple Stories; Echo Park; Pretty Little Studio; Bella; and Making Memories;
ephemera pieces by Heidi Swapp; photo overlay transparency by Simple Stories}

And yes, in case you were thinking it, it IS a rather "clean" layout for me! (I have done a few lately.) The main reasons for this are:
a) being pushed for time during busy periods, you can't always afford the drying time (and clean up time) using mediums requires, and
b) I thought a change might be good! I certainly find this style works well for my "boy" layouts, so you might see more in future.

I like to use machine stitching to add texture and dimension to this style of layout. (I even impressed myself with the stitching of the star though!)

{Flair by Flutterby Designs; wire from D-lish Scraps}


And still continuing on my quest to include more detailed journaling in my own handwriting...

{Journal card by MAMBI; photo cut out by Flutterby Designs}

I hope you are all feeling motivated and ready for a year of great challenge prompts to get you scrapping your boys. If one of your new year resolutions was to scrap more / journal more / record more precious memories, then start now! (And if you link up your layout on the blog before the end of the month, you will be in the running for prizes too!)

There is also an extra prize up for grabs from Charms Creations...


Simple like the Scrap the Boys Facebook page HERE and the Charms Creations Facebook page HERE then leave a comment on the Scrap the Boys blog HERE saying you're a fan of both - easy!
Happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

Fabulous layout for STB'S!!