Friday 16 January 2015

Off the Rails January Challenge!

Another mid-month reveal from me, and this one is for Off the Rails Scrapbooking. This month's challenge is a gorgeous summery mood palette.

Here's what I came up with...

{Papers by The Girls' Paperie; Jillibean Soup; Bo Bunny; October Afternoon; Pretty Little Studio; 
also included are Becky Higgins Project Life cards}

And here is the palette...


I am pretty happy with the way this layout turned out. (Especially since I was able to use so many different papers from my stash!) As tempted as I am to always grab my most recent purchases, lately I have been making a concerted effort to use up some "older" products I already have...it just seems a waste for them to sit there. I find that colour challenges are perfect for this - I just go through and grab out whatever matches the palette and then choose a mix that work together. (Stash buster!)

Here's a closer look at some of those layers...

{Prima Divine Rose; Lovelybug Bits n Bobs fabric bunny button}

{Prima & D-lish Scraps flowers; D-lish Scraps sequin bow; gold spot washi tape; gold doiley & scalloped gold trim}

{This pretty girl is from Pretty Little Studio; flowers from Green Tara and D-lish Scraps}

I hope I have inspired you to bust your own stash or give the challenge a go. I would love to see what you come up with (and how much of your old product you can use too!) Thanks for stopping by and to everyone who takes the time to leave me a comment on my work. (I always try to repay the favour by visiting yours, so make sure I can find you!)
Happy scrapping! X

2 comments:

Chloe said...

This colour combo is so fresh and pretty! Lovely page, awesome layers!!!!

Chloe said...

This colour combo is so fresh and pretty! Lovely page, awesome layers!!!!