Saturday 1 November 2014

Scrap the Boys November Challenge

November!!! Just that word is enough to strike panic into me knowing that Christmas is hurtling towards us now (and that I am FAR from organised!) Anyway, the November challenge has now been revealed at Scrap the Boys and I really loved this one! This month's challenge theme is "the softer side"- we want to see your boys showing their softer side - think holding babies, stroking a pet, etc...

Here is my take on the challenge - scrapping my boys (particularly Hunter's) current obsession with dressing up...

{Papers by Studio Calico & Pebbles; alphas by American Crafts}

I loved that this challenge gave me the perfect excuse to scrap a "girly" style layout for my boys. (One I will definitely be whipping out at the 21st!) To go along with the fairy theme, I included a pair of chipboard wings and a wand that I had in my stash. These were first painted with gesso, then I dabbed on some purple mist and gold paint. Of course I also indulged my flower fetish - the ones on this LO are a mix of Kaisercraft from Wild About Scrap, and D-lish Scraps...



{Flair from D-lish Scraps}

I have been trying to make more of an effort to journal on my LO's lately, even if it's only brief, because what use is a pretty picture if you don't know the story behind it?


I hope you get the chance to play along with us this month. As always, there are some awesome prizes up for grabs - this month the sponsors include Scrapmatts, Scrappers Garden & D-lish Scraps! So what are you waiting for? Get scrapping! :)

5 comments:

Lizzyc said...

This looks lovely, of course boys love to dress up!!

Fiona said...

Aww so adorable, too cute!

Kim said...

Adorable page and photos! I hope your boys won't mind that you scrapped that someday! I have those kind of pictures of my son and I think he would kill me!!! LOL
~Kim

yyam said...

Awwww...this is sooooo sweet!

Melinda Spinks said...

Had to giggle at the boys dressing up... love it! You must have been pretty darn excited to be able to play with all that 'pretty' stash for the boys. :) Beautiful memory preserved on a gorgeous layout.