Tuesday 8 July 2014

D-lish Scraps CC Layout!

So, D-lish Scraps celebrated their 5th birthday over the weekend with a huge Cyber Crop and I had the best intentions of joining in the scrapping fun all weekend...but my sick children had other plans. :( Luckily though, entries are not due until next Monday (14th) so I still might get some more done!

The first challenge that I started was Agnus' gorgeous mood board. Here is what I came up with...

{Papers by Glitz; Little Yellow Bicycle & Echo Park. Transparency by Hambly Screen Prints.}

And here is the board I was working with...


I was drawn to this challenge instantly and just loved Agnus' take on it. I was inspired by a few elements - the bright colours against white background; the cake (hence my baking themed layout); the layers of cake & stacked patty pans (replicated by my layering); the balloons (which reminded me of one of the papers I used, even though it is actually lollipops on it); and the polka dots (which I included on a few elements). And although I didn't use all the colours shown, I did draw my palette directly from the photos.

I also managed to include lots of D-lish goodies on my layout...

{Flair button from the 'Which Way Words' set, purple pearl heart cabochon}

{Lots of gorgeous D-lish paper flowers; chipboard cupcake from Little Yellow Bicycle}

{This D-lish mini rose was just what this bow needed!}

{I even had this vintage D-lish pearl-topped fabric flag in my stash!}

(Chipboard 'love' mini word also from D-lish}

Thanks for stopping by, hopefully I will have some more to share soon. Happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your fabulous take on this challenge Sue, it's simply gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing along xx