Sunday 4 May 2014

Off the Rails - Stripes & Polka Dots Challenge

As you may have guessed from the heading, the latest challenge theme at Off the Rails is Stripes & Polka Dots. I must admit, I'm not really a stripey kind of girl on my layouts, but polka dots? Hell yes!

Here is my take on it...


I began this layout with good intentions of clearly demonstrating the theme. But, (as so often happens when I create), the layout took over and I went slightly "off the rails"...hehe. Fortunately, I think there is still enough polka dots visible (and a few stripes too if you look closely) to say that I DID meet the criteria! ;)

Here's a few close-ups...

{Flair button from Flutterby Designs; assorted flowers including Manor House Creations & Green Tara}

{Polka dot mushroom pin from A little bit fANTsy; Heidi Swapp Hello Today clear pop heart embellishment}

{Dusty Attic chipboard mushroom - sooo cute, painted simply with gesso; 
flag sentiment cut from Echo Park paper - all papers used were Echo Park}

For everyone who saw my homemade texture paste tutorial on the Off the Rails Scrapbooking blog, here is a close-up of some of that texture paste at work. (I was VERY happy with the result!) For anyone who missed it that is interested, you will find it HERE

{Metal leaf embellishments from Lovelybug Bits n Bobs - I primed these with gesso, then spray painted white}

I seem to have been in the habit of journaling along the bottom edge of my layouts lately...


I do hope I have inspired you to join in the challenge at OTR! Remember that you can create just about anything (layout / canvas / card / Project Life / OTP) as long as you meet the criteria. You could win a fantastic prize pack from our very own DT member Rachael Funnell! If you aren't familiar with Rachael's amazing work, please visit her blog HERE.  If you are looking for more inspiration for this challenge, you will find more HERE from our amazing DT!
Thanks for stopping by! X
PS - Let me know if you have a go at making the texture paste, and what you think of it!

2 comments:

Lizzyc said...

This looks beautiful.. I love all the flowers and bright colors, and that photo is so sweet.. gota smile at the loving stranglehold she has on him!!hehe!!

Em Stafrace said...

Nawww very cute photo and lovin' that you made your own texture paste, thanks for sharing the link. I'd seen some pins on Pinterest in the past but after seeing you use it here I think I might be making a batch of my own ;)