Sunday 1 December 2013

I am a Guest DT & Sponsor!

This month I have accepted a Guest DT spot over at Scrapbooking Top 50 to do one of the December - January monthly challenges. I will also be providing the prize - some scrappy goodies from my own Lovelybug Bits n Bobs. I took on the quote challenge, and my challenge was to come up with something a bit festive, but that could also be used for a non-Christmas LO. In the end, I decided to use a quote from one of my favourite Christmas movies...


And here is my LO...

{Published in Scrapbooking Memories Vol 17 No 4}

(As you can see, I decided to go the NON Christmas route!)

This LO was inspired by an online workshop by Gwénaëlle Scharlipp in the Pop & Colours series being run by Studio Shirel and I loved getting my hands dirty putting it together! (I am pretty happy with the result too.)

Given that Lovelybug Bits n Bobs is the sponsor for this challenge, I HAD to include a Lovelybug button. This bird one was perfect...


To create the background I adhered a doiley and small scraps of paper to my base sheet, smeared with Gesso, and then built layers over the top using stencils, mists, inks, stamps, pen, gelatos, washi tape and finally, embellishments. You can see how using the gelatos has highlighted the texture of the doiley here...


This was the perfect quote for my little man Hunter, who LOVES a camera (and makes the perfect selfie partner in crime! hehe)...


I do hope you will join in my challenge, which is open right through until January 31st (plenty of time over the silly season!). You can find the challenge HERE

1 comment:

scrapwitch said...

Love this one, its a bit spesh !