Sunday 12 June 2011

June Scrap the Girls

The June challenge at Scrap the Girls is a colour challenge. Hmmmm...do you think I could resist this one...LOL


Here is my layout using the palette...


The yummy pink & white pp I used is from the new My Minds Eye 'Lime Twist - Happy Go Lucky' range from Handmade by Suzanne and was the PERFECT base for me for this challenge! I also added a few bits of Jillibean Soup 'Blossom Soup'; some Hambly Screen Prints transparency; Green Tara mini flowers and The Twinery bakers twine.

I used 2 colours of chalkboard glimmermist on this LO - 'Polka Dot Pink' on the doiley and 'Chalk' flicked directly onto the cardstock. (If you are in the market for glimmermists - either regular or chalkboard, you can currently snap them up at 25% off in the stocktake sale at Handmade By Suzanne. That means around $8 for the chalkboard ones!!!) The alphas were all old Thickers & BG ones from my stash.

As I said, I couldn't resist playing along at Scrap the Girls again this month with those gorgeous colours as the challenge, and I am also pleased to report that my efforts for STG last month earned me a 3rd place! I was very excited to know that my layout (which I actually loved) was also appreciated by others. :-)

8 comments:

Alison said...

So gorgeous Sue - I love the skull dress and your LO is fab. That Hambly transparency looks so good! I've also snapped up some excellent bargains in Suzanne's sale :)

Jasmine S said...

Well I for one loved your LO last month so I was super excited when I saw you were a winner.
And when we received this challenge at STG I actually thought of you because I knew you would love the colors and wow, this looks ace. I love all of the details and how cute is that little girl in her Skull dress.....awesome work.

Mel said...

Oh wow, I just love how you misted the gorgeous doilies, what a fantastic idea, I have to get some more of those chalkboard mists, they are awesome. I love how you framed the pic, gorgeous work and it is noted I saw you win on a blog today, I just cannot remember which one but wow, I was super happy for you. I got the gorgeous buttons, oh wow, already used one for this months "Amazing challenge" gorgeous work Melxx

Kim said...

OOOOO that is just superb Sue I love the mist, the pink and that frame over the photo!

Lizzyc said...

Hi!! what a cutie in her new dress.. she does look happy!! the colors really pop on the black background.. love the papers too.. lovely frame.. great take on the challenge!!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous layout - love the dress too.

Paula said...

What an awesome dress!!! Fab layout, love the frame & the transparency...you rocked this challenge ;)

Leonie said...

Gorgeous Layout Sue, what a cute dress!