Thursday 12 November 2009

Mojo Rising!

Well my mojo seems to have been in full force this week, which has been perfect timing for getting stuck into the SBT50 "What's Ur Style?" Cyber Crop! All 7 crop challenges have now been posted and there is still 2 weeks until entries are due, so plenty of time for everyone to have a go at something. Having scrapped almost every day this week, I have got quite a bit of "Show N Tell"!
The next challenge I completed for the CC was the "Please Use Sparingly" one. This was a minimalist style challenge and we had to use a patterned paper background, one word title, strip journalling, and an embellishment cluster. As a bonus criteria, we had to include ribbon. I used a sheet of BG acid-washed paper for my base and decided I would concentrate on using only flowers for my cluster to compliment the sweet photo of Mandy and Brielle. Here is my LO, "Auntie"...

The next one I completed was the "Let's Glam It Up" challenge, which was all about the glam style. (Glam is described as being a fresh twist on the minimalist style.) The criteria for this was to use a black & white photo, bold colours, sparkle and shine, and a catchy title inspired by a rock n roll or fashion saying. The bonus criteria was to include a butterfly embellishment. I chose to call my LO "Hells Belles", which is a twist on the AC/DC song title "Hells Bells"...

My latest creation was for the "A Little Sketchy" challenge, and is a card, not a LO. For this one, we were provided a card sketch designed by our very own DT member Kathie, and we also had to use the style criteria from one of the previous challenges. As I had enjoyed doing the grunge LO so much, (and I had scraps left over), I decided to do my card in the grunge style for something a bit different. (And am really happy with how it came out!) Here it is...


Hopefully I will be back soon to share my final CC challenge LO's. In the meantime, don't forget to pop into Scrapbooking Top 50, as the Treasure Hunt Kicks off tomorrow! With over $500 in prizes up for grabs it is going to be MASSIVE!!! You can check out what's happening HERE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's look great!!