Wednesday 14 October 2009

Let's Go Retro!

Scrapbooking Top 50 is currently holding it's October Cyber Crop and the theme is "Let's Go Retro". Each day so far, a challenge has been posted with criteria relevent to different retro "decades". The first challenge posted was my "Awesome 80's" challenge. The criteria for this challenge was based on some 80's fashion highlights - bright colours, tearing (think ripped jeans), lace & staples (think Madonna) and the LO also had to have a fashion inspired theme / title. Here is my example layout, "How low is too low?"...


I also completed Vicki & Kat's Opening Night Challenge, which was to "age" some embellishments using tea, coffee or ink. These were then to be used to create a vintage style card using a sketch that was provided. I decided to dye some things with tea and then used some of them on my card. (The image was given to me by Melissa, one of our lovely SBT50 members.) This was my first ever attempt at anything "vintage"...

Besides the CC, I have also managed to complete Vicki's "Think Pink" Challenge, one of the other SBT50 DT monthly challenges for October. In honour of breast cancer awareness month, the criteria for this challenge were to use the colour pink and also lyrics from a Pink song. (I chose the song "Bad Influence".) I really loved doing this challenge as it combined my favourite colour as well as my favourite song at the moment...and it gave me a chance to use this cheeky pic of myself!

No comments: